Saturday, November 3, 2012

Peace of Jesus

I fast every Friday. Yesterday was not one of my more peaceful fasts. I got home from work and fell asleep in my chair. When I woke I went to do some laundry. In the middle of the cycle the machine stopped working. I was on my knees praying when I heard the sound that I knew indicated a problem. I went out and restarted the cycle and got back down to pray and heard the same sound again. I restarted it again and returned to prayer. Lenny  my dog, kept coming in and out of the room. I yelled at him to lay down and I heard the machine stop again. I got up from praying and started thinking that this fasting is a waste of my time. Maybe I should fast on my day of rather then a day I work. I should just go ahead and eat. I plopped my self down on the bed and began speaking to Jesus.
I don't want to end this day of fasting like this. I don't want to ruin it I thought. As this thought circulated in my mind I felt ...peace come over me. I don't really know how else to describe it. It felt warm and relaxing and serene. All I could think in my mind was just sit here and let the peace of Christ be with you. It was one of the most calming, soothing, loving things I've ever felt.
I just sat on the bed repeating Christs name and peace of Christ and peace of the Holy Spirit and peace of God over and over. Not really sure how long i sat there but it was one of the first times I was able to feel like I was sitting quietly with God in prayer. Not talking. Not asking for anything. But just being there.
I don't know why I have these things happen to me. I truly don't feel worthy of them. But none of us are worthy so I accept them and share them with others in hope that it will inspire just one person to give God a chance in their lives. Just open the doors of their heart a little bit. Let Him get His foot in the door.
Thank you Lord for all You have done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment