Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can't Handle It

I think some people perceive crying and showing emotion as weakness. Actually I don't think it I know it for a fact. They think when people break down it means they are literally broken down. I see it differently...being someone who cries when I feel the need.
I think people who allow themselves to feel what they need to feel at the time they need to feel it are  strong. I think the ability to express deep emotions requires great strength. Especially in our culture. A culture where strength is equated with being cold, calculated and disconnected. It's important for those of us who haven't shut down our emotions to show them publicly.
I also think it's important to have control of ourselves. To know when it is appropriate and when it isn't.
I think people perceptions of emotions being showed as weakness keeps many of us apart from the people we love in the end of their lives here on earth.
Sad for the person suffering and sad for those who don't get the chance to say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. You are right. Those who find it a weakness are generally cold. I pity them.

    It takes great strength to allow true emotions to show. It's opens you up to being vulnerable, and that takes a strength few have.

    I've been watching your post, praying for you through your loses, and suffering with you in our anger, feeling for you through your wailing (btw, wailing is very biblical).

    Know that even though I don't always comment, I do read all the post, and do keep you and your family in prayers.

    God Bless
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dennis. I appreciate it. My feelings are very confused. Numb then angry then sad. Quite something.

      Delete