Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Delivery

I talked to a friend of mine today about how I should express my views on things so people will hear me. I get angry and say things very bluntly sometimes. Then when the person I am talking to gets mad I get more angry and nothing is accomplished.
What I got from our conversation today was its all in the delivery. I need to think about whether I want to be right or I want to be heard and understood.
I think a lot about what I believe and sometimes I have a hard time seeing other peoples points of view. Other times I am threatened by their beliefs so instead of listening I think of how I am going to answer or fight back.
I want to make a career out of writing and hopefully helping people. An important part of accomplishing that goal is remembering what my point is.
I don't need to be right I need to be heard. That is something I will need to repeat over and over until it sinks in.
Thanks Maija.

2 comments:

  1. I think many of us have the same problem, but that's what's nice about blogging, you can test the waters, put it out there, and see how you affect folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Blogging has good and bad aspects to it. One of the good sides is testing the water. I just hope people hear my meaning and not my words necessarily.

    ReplyDelete